I am strongly thesis driven. I believe in human potential and the power of technology for the progress of the human species. I choose investments based on the psychology and the drive of the founders, and the proxy value of the market. If i like something i move first with no need of validation from others.
I invest on the following investment theses because these are absolute needs for the human species, leading to highly durable, long-term companies. All my deals are in these, so only back me if you believe in them.
1. Economic enablers: Expansion of digital, physical and national economies (URX, WhatWeOrder)
2. Life Extension: direct or indirect enablers of the extension of human lifespan (Zesty, Benchling)
3. Intelligence Amplification: enabling extension of human intellectual or cognitive processing capability (Framed Data, Quid)
4. National Treasures: e.g. invest in the next Alibaba - companies with national monopolies of talent, awareness, and economy (ClearTax, Mobius Motors)
Phase Zero I am a phase zero investor. I am the opposite of passive. My job is to remove risk completely before bringing in upstream investors. I seek out founders who have a history of achievement, who haven't proven themselves yet. Once I find them I work with them to make the critical choices as close to incorporation as possible. Helping define their market choice, trajectory, initial product definition, positioning, as well as introducing the to upstream investors, customers and new hires. As they establish themselves, I act as a founder confidante and psychological protector, and support the strategic and operational choices for growth
I typically invest/advise pre YC, and pre-YC demo day and bring companies to a stage where they can raise from established investors who seek less risk.
I have coinvested with Sequoia, Andreessen Horowitz, Greylock, Accel, Google Ventures, First Round Capital, Bessemer Venture Partners, SV Angel etc etc I have a very strong track record in backing companies early, editing them and then enabling them to raise strong rounds led by the highest tier investors in the world.
I am market and founder psychology focused. I am geography and sector agnostic. If they pass the test, I move very fast and with conviction.
- premium businesses that generate free cash flow over the long term
i don't like
- fraction-of-a fraction business models
- cheap products