Hi, I’m Kyle Tibbitts and I’m the
CMO at Wander
. We’re building a network of smart homes across the globe you access with the tap of a button. Previously, I was Head of Marketing at Fast and second marketing hire and Head of Brand Marketing at Opendoor. I’ve spent the last 12+ years building marketing machines
from the ground up and love jumping into the trenches with founders to help take their marketing strategies from 0 to 1. I also host a podcast called Paradox Podcast
with 35,000+ listeners.
Through my fund, I’ve invested in companies like OpenStore, Pipe, Doorvest, MicroAcquire, Wander, Primer plus eighteen more.
I’m building Paradox Capital
to arm founders beneath and beyond Silicon Valley’s radar with early checks and expert advice to build the next great companies anywhere.
Notable fund LPs include: Marc Andreessen, Balaji Srinivasan, Garry Tan, David Sacks, Julia DeWahl, Chris Dixon, Geoff Lewis, Founders Fund, Elad Gil, Andy Johns, Sriram Krishnan, Shane Steele, Bobby Goodlatte, Jack Altman and more
A few recent bets I’ve made:
- OpenStore: (fund investment): invested in seed round after having worked with co-founders at Opendoor and believing strongly in their mission
- Clubhouse (angel investment): invested in series A after giving founders Rohan and Paul feedback on their original Talkshow app back in January of 2020
- Pipe (fund investment): invested in Series B after connecting with the founder Harry Hurst on Twitter and being incredibly impressed with this team’s execution
- MicroAcquire (fund investment): invested in seed round and love how they supercharging the entrepreneurial ecosystem by building Zillow for M&A
- Panther (angel investment): invested in pre-seed round after meeting founder (based in Tampa, Florida), helped pull in other angel investors
- Doorvest (fund investment): joined as an an advisor at pre-seed stage to help founding team with marketing and invested via the fund in seed round
- Primer (angel/fund investment): invested in seed round pre-pandemic based on strong conviction around homeschooling going mainstream
- Wander (fund investment): initially invested in Wander’s pre-seed round before joining the founding team as CMO to build the travel experience of the future
For a more complete and up-to-date list of investments, visit paradox.vc.
The location monopoly is broken
The pandemic has broken Silicon Valley’s location monopoly. Great founders can and will build great companies anywhere and everywhere.
But the network remains centralized
The next generation of founders still want direct access to top-tier Silicon Valley talent, advice and capital to help get their companies off the ground.
Active builders are hard to access
Founders want partners who are uncovering insights and secrets that will help them build their companies because they are still in the game.
Paradox Capital is a pre-seed fund
The mission of Paradox Capital is simple. Give outsider founders –– and founders outside Silicon Valley –– early capital and direct access to the best product, marketing, design and ops experts inside Silicon Valley so they can build their companies wherever and however they want. In particular, I'm looking to invest in resourceful and resilient founders with the storytelling superpowers and vision required to recruit talented global teams to join their missions.
Every week, founders from all over reach out to me, asking for help taking their marketing strategies from 0 to 1. This fund scales my ability to bet on the best ones and build a support network around them. While Silicon Valley the place is dissolving into the cloud, the philosophy around boundless creation is stronger than ever. That’s the tension –– the paradox –– I'll be leaning into.
“Our early white boarding sessions with Kyle gave us clarity on many of the hardest problems we had on go to market, positioning, and marketing. I will try to get Kyle on the cap table of every company I ever start.” –– Ryan Delk
, Co-founder and CEO, Primer
“As an early Doorvest supporter, Kyle has consistently helped us navigate the world of all things marketing. I'd recommend Kyle to any early-stage company looking to up-level their marketing prowess!” –– Andrew Luong
, Co-founder and CEO, Doorvest
“Can’t recommend Kyle enough for early-stage founders looking to build out marketing machines. Plus, his podcast is one of the most insightful content libraries online.” –– Keith Corso
, Founder and CEO, BusRight
* Quotes included here related to a fund manager's services should not be construed in any way as an endorsement of the fund manager's advice, analysis, or other service rendered to their LPs.
The investments and returns data above and accessible via external links may include investments made off of the AngelList platform. As such, AngelList has not taken any action to verify such data and makes no representations as to its accuracy or completeness. All investment value estimates and return multiples are calculated net of any fees, expenses or carry. The outcome for any unrealized investment is highly uncertain. Past performance is not indicative of future returns. The companies and venture partners featured in this note and accessible via external links were selected due to their notoriety in the startup and venture capital community. This list is provided for illustrative purposes only and is not an exhaustive list of all investments made or involving the Fund Lead. A full list of the Fund Lead’s investment history will be made available upon request.