FROM STEVEN KREIN & UNITY STOAKES, FOUNDERS OF STARTUP HEALTH
We are impact-driven entrepreneurs and investors building a global army of thousands of Health Transformers collaborating to achieve health moonshots --- from ending cancer and curing disease, like diabetes and Alzheimer’s, to delivering quality care to everyone in the world regardless of location or income.
We believe that investing in and supporting a diversified global portfolio of health moonshot companies is the key to improving the health and wellbeing of humanity, while also generating healthy financial returns. Since 2012, we’ve made more than 475 health moonshot investments in companies across 29 countries.
Select investments and exits include Nightingale Health (Nasdaq Helsinki: HEALTH.HE), Doctor.com (acquired by Press Ganey), Conversa Health (acquired by AmWell), RespondWell (acquired by Zimmer Biomet), Carelinx (acquired by Generali Corp), FamilyTreeDNA (acquired by MyDNA), wayForward (acquired by Dario Health), Babyscripts, Cala Health, CarePredict, Cityblock Health, Devoted Health, Quit Genius, Particle Health, and Virta Health.
- We have 450 co-investors including top-tier firms like Andreesen Horowitz, GV (Google Ventures), Menlo Ventures, Alphabet, Philips, Spring Mountain Capital, Northwell Health, Maverick Ventures, General Catalyst, Thrive Capital, Redpoint Ventures, Echo Health Ventures, and AIMS Imprint of Goldman Sachs Asset Management.
- We are backed by a global army of 100+ world class investors and prior fund LPs including Steve Case, Mark Cuban, Esther Dyson, Brad Feld, Jason Finger, David Moore, Jerry Levin, Jon Kaplan, Peter Kash, Jon Miller, Lee Shapiro, Robert Odell, Advocate Aurora Health, Chiesi, Guidewell, Kaiser Permanente Ventures, Masimo, Novartis, Otsuka, and Ping An. Meet Our Investors
StartUp Health Moonshots Impact Fund
The StartUp Health Moonshots Impact Fund is a unique member-driven rolling fund that makes it easy to gain exposure to a diversified global portfolio of private health innovation companies who are committed to achieving at least one of our 12 Health Moonshots:
Making it Faster and Easier to Achieve Health Moonshots
Every quarter, we select ~7 to 10 companies to join our global army of Health Transformers. Each team receives two years of membership to StartUp Health Academy [Health Transformer University] and lifetime access to the StartUp Health Member Platform. The Academy and Platform is a powerful combination of community-driven entrepreneurial coaching and a dedicated media platform that provides unique access to a global network and audience of health innovation customers, investors, partners, and decision makers. Membership currently includes:
- Health Transformer Circles: Peer-support forums aimed at speeding up collaboration on health moonshot goals, recalibrating on mindset and mastering resilience.
- Health Transformer Coaching: Strategic thinking tools and regular entrepreneurial coaching sessions to provide guidance and support, especially during moments of important value creation or destruction.
- Health Moonshot Term Sheet Review: Review of incoming financing and M&A term sheets for entrepreneur-friendly feedback.
- Health Moonshot Showcases: Monthly virtual demo days to a targeted and interested audience of health innovation stakeholders.
- StartUp Health Media: A digital and print broadcast network that creates and shares daily stories of progress, news and financings to a global curated industry network.
- StartUp Health Festival & Events: Ongoing member events and community gatherings to connect portfolio companies to health innovation stakeholders.
- StartUp Health Master Classes: Exclusive interactive sessions with industry experts, CEOs and investors.
- StartUp Health Perk Partner Network: $250,000+ in free and discounted services from leading industry vendors.
Currently, we have a standard deal for all seed companies, providing each team with a $200,000 package for an equity position of 4% using a post-money SAFE. This includes a $80,000 investment from the Fund, which consists of a grant to cover two years of membership fees to StartUp Health Academy and approximately $120,000 in-kind for lifetime access to the StartUp Health Member Platform.
Extraordinary Benefits for Investors
- As a StartUp Health Moonshot Investor Member, you join our global army of impact-driven investors who are backing a generation of entrepreneurs transforming the future of health and you receive many benefits including:
- Automatic exposure to every deal we invest in every quarter.
- “First look” access to investment allocation opportunities in portfolio companies.
- Exclusive weekly deal alerts and portfolio company news and updates.
- Unique insights and progress reports on early stage research and health innovation.
- Private access to startup CEOs and founding teams.
- VIP invites to StartUp Health Festival, Showcases, Master Classes and additional events.
- Flexibility to invest any amount each quarter.
- min. $12,500+/quarter for health professionals (8 quarter commitment)
- min. $25,000+/quarter for individuals
- min. $250,000+/quarter for organizations
- Ability to increase, change or pause your investment amount anytime after four quarters.
Get Started in 3 Easy Steps
For questions, email us at [email protected]. Together, we will improve the health and wellbeing of everyone in the world.
StartUp Health and its affiliates have investment participation rights in approximately 270 active portfolio companies. Therefore some of the investments considered for inclusion in the fund will be in companies in which StartUp Health and its affiliates have a pre-existing financial interest.
The Fund’s gross investment in each seed company is $80,000; which consists of a grant to cover two years of membership fees.
Any returns data above may include investments made off the AngelList platform. As such, AngelList has not taken any action to verify such data and makes no representations as to its accuracy or completeness.